I'm not (totally) mad.... I know it's not friday.
But I wanted to try giving a second chance to the Flash Lite Friday Digest.
I think that the FlashLite Friday Digest initiative was great. A condensed and organized set of links created by users to help users to get a weekly overview on the Flash Lite mobile world.
When I first created it I made it for my own convenience :) And it worked. I could easily find all the links I needed and I reached and knew new contents dedicated to Flash Lite.
Last post was written by Darren (thank you mate) and it was long time ago !
So I would try again and start Flash Lite Friday Digest again.
This is my collection of links for the past week :
I'll start with some news on Chumby. Chumby was announced one year ago and the company has made upgrades to the hardware and sofware that makes up the device, and say they will make it available for sale in a couple of months. The biggest change is that Chumby now runs Flash Lite 3, which is the first mobile version of Flash to support streaming audio and video. Users can now run music or video over the Internet and play it on the Chumby. (Chumby: One Year Later).
Bill Perry revelead (MAX 2007 Conferences: Mobile Sessions ) the mobile sessions sheduled for the MAX Conference at Chicago :
20 Tricks to Improve Flash Lite Development
Creating Flash Cast Channels for Verizon Wireless
Creating Flash Lite Multiplayer Games
Designing for Mobile Experiences
Flash Lite 3 Development
From Desktop to Mobile: New Revenue Opportunities
Introduction to Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium
Introduction to Flash Lite 2
Other news for Flash Lite developers. :
- A new Flash Lite video Channel has born and it looks cool. So if you have Flash Lite videos, post them !
- Create icons (at different sizes) for your Flash Lite and J2ME applications : When you develop a Flash Lite or J2ME mobile applications, you'll need to create icons for your app. Although many developers think that it's not important, having an icon associated to your application is important and it helps the user to start up your app faster !
- Lufthansa airlines japan with some Flash lite content : Just by searching airlines company i found Lufthansa airlines, japan mobile site. Intrestingly it contains Adobe Flash lite content like wallpaper, Games, animations.
News on Flash Lite iRiver support (via Scott) :
- iRiver NV PMP has a Flash Lite 2.1 User Interface
- iRiver U:MO PMP features Flash Lite 2.1 UI and content
- Creating and Testing Mobile Web Sites with Adobe Creative Suite 3
Other useful links :
- On Flash Lite 3, Heavy expectations: When you compare the enthusiasm and activity against other Adobe juggernauts like Flex 2 and AIR (formerly Apollo), it’s hard to explain the absence of leadership for Flash Lite. Those in the space that do post often..
- SWF2Go review: package your swf into sis for Nokia phones : If you are developing Flash Lite content for Nokia mobile phones and you want to package your swf into sis files and have an icon SWF2Go from Orizon is the right tool (http://www.orison.biz/products/swf2go/). The tool costs $69.95.
- Mobilize your FLV file : how to convert FLV (Flash Video) to 3GP for mobile devices : how to convert FLV to 3GP format using a server side batch procedure. A great free tool that allows you to convert FLV video to 3GP is FFMPEG
News about new mobile devices that support Flash Lite 2 and Flash Lite 2.1 :
Nokia 3500 Classic(Flash Lite 2.0 enabled)
Nokia 6267 (Flash Lite 2.1 enabled)
A list of upcoming events dedicate to Flash Lite (via Alessandro) :
- June 25th: Allysson Lucca presents Mobile UI
- June 27th: Best Practices for Performance and Memory for Flash Lite
- July 2nd: Alex Tur presents Sonopia MVNO Flash Lite Client
You can find all Flash Lite Friday Digest post on my blog