The Flash Lite Friday Digest #18 is live. This week I0ve just uploaded a quick list of interesting links about Flash Lite. If I missed something, feel free to add the links in the comment.
Flash Lite Friday Digest is a condensed and organized set of links that help users to get a weekly overview on the Flash Lite mobile world.
You can find all Flash Lite Friday Digest post on my blog
- Flash Lite article on Sony Ericson : Taking the next step in creating Flash Lite projects for Sony Ericsson mobile phones is part 2 of the Flash Lite tutorial series. This tutorial takes you through a Flash Lite animated wallpaper project for the Sony Ericsson W610 and W850 Walkman phones
- Immediate opportunities for Flash Lite animations through the Moket Content Network (by Dale): over at Moket we've been "kicking some goals" as they say with regards to distribution of Flash Lite content. We now have an opportunity for designers and developers to submit content to the Moket Content Network for consideration in a global distribution deal.
- On Flash Lite 3, Heavy expectations (by Chuck): The average Flash platform developer is mystified by what Flash can (or cannot) do in the mobile space. There are very few coders in the community that can speak to it, and speak to it well. Flash Lite 2.x came so abruptly, and is being trumped by its successor so quickly, that there have been few ground-breaking apps to show developers what Adobe’s mobile platform entry can really do.
- Flash Lite article: Memory management and optimizations in Flash Lite (by Biskero) : There is a new article on the Adobe DevNet Mobile site: Memory management and optimizations in Flash Lite. The author is Prashant Panigrahi from Adobe
- 13 Handsets = 16 Million Verizon Wireless Subscribers (by Bill Perry) : Last week was the BREW 2007 developer conference in San Diego and it was a well attended event by BREW developers, content publishers, operators and OEMs. We (Adobe) were a gold sponsor and had a booth presence in addition to 2 speaking sessions regarding Flash Lite for BREW. This was my second BREW developer conference and it was cool to meet and discuss things with other developers and to hear first hand how they develop their BREW applications.
- Chumby, Flash Lite 3, soon (by John D.): Chumby, Flash Lite 3, soon: From the official Chumby blog: "We're shipping chumbys a little later than we initially planned because we decided that the ability to have video running on chumby would be amazing
- Chumby news (by Scott) : For anyone doing Flash Lite 2.x development with Adobe Creative Suite 3 you may run into a situation when you receive a compile time “class not found” type error when using the Flash CS3 ExtendedKey or Video classes … even though your syntax may be correct!
- Flash Lite User Agent (by Biskero) : I updated the Flash Lite User Agent Profile. I added some new Nokia S40 and S60 handsets with Flash Lite. I would be great to have something similar for other manufacturers...
- Flash Lite 2.1 for BREW Publisher for Flash CS3 Professional: Now Available (by Bill Perry): If you're using Flash CS3 Professional and are developing Flash Lite applications you can now download Flash Lite 2.1 for BREW Publisher for Flash CS3 Professional from the Adobe mobile and devices developer site. This is an updated version of the plug-in for Flash CS3 Professional that's already available for Flash Professional 8 users.
- Connect to Flash Lite professionals on LinkedIn Flash MaD group (by biskero) : ere a new way to connect with Flash Lite professionals, a LinkedIn group: Flash MaD.
- ExtendedKey/Video class compile time issues in Adobe CS3 when working with Flash Lite 2.x content (by Scott) : For anyone doing Flash Lite 2.x development with Adobe Creative Suite 3 you may run into a situation when you receive a compile time “class not found” type error when using the Flash CS3 ExtendedKey or Video classes … even though your syntax may be correct!
- Flash Lite Game Nokia Shuffle Puzzle for the N76 (by Luciano): i2 tecnologia helped Nokia to build the Nokia Shuffle Puzzle game to be pre-installed on all N76 devices launched in Brazil. This will be the first Flash Lite game to be officially released in the brazilian market and our team is really proud of the project. The game is FL 2.0 and uses SO to save player’s data in 06 different levels.
- Nokia E-series (with Flash Lite embedded) are available across USA (by me)